II set my body font to 100% and then use em's for the rest.   I avoid the
use of small  and any px or pt fixed sizes.  Try experimenting with this to
get what you want.

this is a hot topic for a lot of people and there are several ways of doing
this. and I'm sure you'll get better responses from others.

Many people set their font around 76%  - but I'm a firm believer in letting
the user use their defaults as base.  100%

Susan