ByteDreams wrote:
> I'm working on my very first WP theme.
> Everything is inside a #wrapper which is underneath the body tag
> Then I have the following structure:
> #header
>
> body{
>       top: 0;
>       margin: 0;
>       font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif
>       font-size:10px;
>       }
>
> #header{
>       display:inline;
>       position:fixed;
>       z-index: 100;
>       left:0px;
>       width: 100%;
>       top:0px;
>       background:url(images/background.png);
>       background-color: #000;
>       -moz-opacity:0.9;
>       filter:alpha(opacity=90);
>       /* line-height: 1.2em; */
> }
> #container{
>       position:absolute;
>       top: 125px;
>       left: 280px;
>       width: 550px;
>
>       }
> #sidebar1{
>       position:absolute;
>       float:left;
>       left: 0;
>       top: 125px;
>       }
>
> #footer{
>       padding: 0;
>       width: 100%;
>       clear: both;
>       }
>
> I plan to add another sidebar for a three-column layout, and widgetize the
> sidebars, but haven't added the second sidebar yet.
> What I'm having trouble with right now is the footer which is the last div
> in the html, goes all the way to the top. I'm not sure I understand how to
> get that footer to rest at the very bottom.
>
> Please help.
> Thanks,
> ByteDreams

Hello,
    The problem is you've used absolute positioning and a float. You
have to choose whether to use floats or absolute positioning for the
main layout because they won't play together in the way you're
attempting. You can either absolutely position the footer to the bottom
of the page or you can get rid of position absolute on #container and
#sidebar1 altogether to allow that clear: both; to work.

    It'd be easier to explain if you have a test page uploaded somewhere
or if you can provide the html outline...

    Rob