Hi,

I've made some good progress on my menu layout now (see:
http://atownley.org/wip/menu3/), but I'm noticing some issues when
testing on IE7/Vista that I'm not sure how to tackle.  The layout is
working properly on:

      * IE7|IE6|IE5.5|IE5.01 on Windows XPSP2
      * Netscape 7.1
      * Firefox 2.0.2
      * KHTML 3.5.5
      * Opera 9

However, there are two issues that I'm not sure how to fix for Vista.

Problem #1:  Son of Suckerfish based menu doesn't remain "hovered" even
though the li elements clearly overlap (shown by the red border).  Chris
(360wss) pointed this out to me, but I couldn't duplicate the problem
until I started playing with Vista.

Any ideas what's going on and how to fix it?

Problem #2:  Default font size differences between WinXP and Vista cause
the layout spacing to get whacked.  I'm positioning most things in terms
of em units so that the layout can be somewhat liquid.  With the
absolute positioning vs. floats, it doesn't line up exactly perfect, but
it's relatively close across all of the above--except for Vista.

I'd like it to be more dynamic than it is, but I want to keep the
content towards the top of the body element.  The added bonus of having
the layout with the current ordering is that it still remains usable
even without the stylesheet.

Screen captures of problem #2 on XP and Vista for comparison:

Windows XP:
http://www.atownley.org/wip/menu3/ie7-winXPsp2-test-20070702.png
Vista: http://www.atownley.org/wip/menu3/ie7-vista-test-20070702.png

Any thoughts/suggestions?