Hi,

You talked about drop-down menu, so I'm assuming there's some sort of
hover rule involved...?

Smells like an issue with the IE6 hover cascade rules detailed here, I had
a similar issue which manifested itself in the same way.

http://www.quirksmode.org/css/ie6_purecsspopups.html
http://www.tanfa.co.uk/css/articles/pure-css-popups-bug.asp

You may have a background-color:white in a "parent" rule or the
"non-hover" rule, so the rule in your menu won't override it, so IE6 will
still have a problem.

Without seeing any code, that's the only thing I can think of...

cheers,
Ken

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 10/07/2007 12:13:20 PM:

> Hi:
>
> I've been working on another css drop-down menu and encountered a
> problem where my menu won't work in IE 6 if I use "white" for
> background-color, but will work if I use "#FFFFFF".
>
> For example:
>
> background-color: white;      /* if used, my menu won't work in IE 6 */
> background-color: #FFFFFF;   /* if used, my menu will work in IE 6 */
>
> This isn't a real problem because I simply use #FFFFFF to make it
> work. But, as one can imagine, it did take me a while to isolate the
> cause.
>
> I've looked through the publications, but can't find this discussed
> anywhere -- is this documented or did I find a new flaw in IE 6?
>
> I would normally provide a URL, but this is a private job.
>
> Cheers,
>
> tedd
> --
> -------
> http://sperling.com  http://ancientstones.com  http://earthstones.com

----
This email is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain information
which is confidential, commercially sensitive, or copyright. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not reproduce or distribute any part of the email,
disclose its contents, or take any action in reliance. If you have received
this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message. It is
your responsibility to scan this email and any attachments for viruses and
other defects.
To the extent permitted by law, Zurich and its associates will not be liable
for any loss or damage arising in any way from this communication including any
file attachments. We may monitor email you send to us, either as a reply to
this email or any email you send to us, to confirm our systems are protected
and for compliance with company policies. Although we take reasonable
precautions to protect the confidentiality of our email systems, we do not
warrant the confidentiality or security of email or attachments we receive.