On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 11:51:55 -0700 (PDT), JGardner wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a major problem with a page appearing correctly in Firefox but not IE
> 6.  You
> can see the page here -
> http://webtech.tstc.edu/students/gardnerj/IMED2311/UF2/index.htm

Hi Jennifer,

If you increase the font size in Firefox (Ctrl +) you will see what
I am seeing in Opera and, apart from the displaced #news DIV, the same
is true of IE7. That's because factory settings on my notebook (120 DPI)
makes the default "medium" font size 25% larger in IE and Opera.

Your design seems to me to be over-constrained. This is a common
problem when major structural elements are positioned absolutely.

I suggest you look at some float layouts that self-adjust to the amount
of content. The css-d Wiki[1] is a good place to start. Max Design[2]
has some samples and good tutorials; if you learn better by example,
Layout Gala[3] may help as well.

[1] <http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=TwoColumnLayouts>
[2] <http://maxdesign.com.au/presentation/page_layouts/>
[3] <http://blog.html.it/layoutgala/>