Ian Young wrote:
 > http://www.iyesolutions.co.uk/templates/trossachs/test.html

> Looks fine in compliant browsers but the heights are nowhere near
> matching up in IE6.

1: Add 'display: block' to all images that aren't supposed to be inline
(default). That means all but a few "arrows" in the left column.

2: Add '* html div {overflow: hidden;}' to make IE6 respect given
dimensions.

> Also, although the heights are in ems, they break out at double zoom
> in FF.

Happens automatically on first load in all browsers but IE6 at my end,
since I have 'minimum font size' / 'ignore font size' set.

Once you lock the height to 'em', those containers have to scale in both
dimensions if they are to contain growing text. This means you'll have
to set width in 'em' too.

Since you're using a fixed width, you'll have to set 'height: auto'
(default) if you want them to contain growing text, and find other means
to create that "equal columns" look.

CSS tables would of course solve the problem, but aren't natively
supported by IE and I wouldn't recommend the workaround.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no