No doubt the issue iw with this very odd li you have in there to create
a border:

<li style="background-image: url(divide.png); height: 1px; margin:0px;
padding: 0px;"></li>

Since this li has no use other than to create a line, and since it is
sure to confuse folks using screen readers, why not remove it, add an id
to the first li and style it with a bottom-border?

--

E. Michael Brandt

www.divaHTML.com
divaGPS : you-are-here menu highlighting
divaFAQ : FAQ pages with pizazz

www.valleywebdesigns.com
JustSo PictureWindow
JustSo PhotoAlbum