brian wrote:
> Ingo Chao wrote:
>> brian wrote:
>>> That's not true. The part you've been missing is the sizingMethod
>>> param to AlphaImageLoader() [1]. You need to scale it.
>> Yes, but you cannot stretch any image that is more complex. Stretching a
>> marguerite my look like a rose, though.
>>

> Who said anything about "more complex" images? Did you miss the part
> about giving a div a semi-opaque background-color? For the record,
> yes--if one wants an actual *image* as the background, one would be SOL.
> Faking a translucent *color* by using an image is perfectly feasible
> (even for poor, old IE).
>
> brian

I said something about more complex images. You said something about
leaving this and that to the reader. Is the reader allowed to think? So,
your point is absolutely clear to me, but David was right to say "IE6,
will not apply alpha transparency to repeated background images". If you
have anything to discuss with me about this point, or about me talking
about more complex images, you are free to write me an email.

Thanks.

Ingo

--
http://www.satzansatz.de/css.html