Scott Demontluzin wrote:
> http://www.scottdemontluzin.com/test/sdpaintings_1.htm

> I'm trying to center the #gallery div within the parent #main div and
>  keep them both liquid.

First: floats can not center, and auto-margins won't work on liquid
elements. Inline-elements can be centered though.

Opera and Gecko should do with the following...
#gallery {
float: none /* overriding existing style */;
text-align: center;
}
.pic {
float: none /* overriding existing style */;
display: -moz-inline-box /* for Gecko */;
display: inline-block /* proper CSS */;
}

IE6 and 7 needs an additional, ...
* html .pic {
display: inline;
}
*:first-child+html body .pic {
left; display: inline;
}

More info at: <http://www.brunildo.org/test/ImgThumbIBL.html>

> Also, I'm using  altFooterStick which is causing problems in IE 6.
> The #gallery content is cut off if the window narrows,

Add...
* html #wrapper {
overflow: visible;
}
...to prevent IE6 cutting off the page at 100% window-height.

FWIW: IE7 also has some problems with the 3-column layout you're using.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no