trevor bayliss wrote:

> All the columns seem to have moved right for some reason. Why is this
>  happening? How can I correct it? I am learning css so I would be
> interested to hear if I am approaching this from the right angle- two
>  divs for example would it have been better as divs? TIA

> http://216.219.94.105/about2.cfm

Apart from the mix of HTML and XHTML syntax in your mark-up...
<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://216.219.94.105/about2.cfm>
...you're doing ok, and your approach looks basically ok too.

I can't be sure how you want that page to look and those two columns to
line up, but Firefox and Opera is presenting what I _think_ you want.

You're experiencing a few IE/win bugs that throw parts of those columns
around a bit though.

Add...

#wrapper {display: inline;}
#contentinleft {display: inline;}

...to "kill" the 'margin-doubling on floats' bug in IE6.

Next, delete...

#contentinright {clear: left;}

...which provokes a 'float-clear' bug in all IE/win versions.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no