trevor bayliss wrote:
> Hi all I get a problem with the flash scroll div where my flash is it
>  falls for some reason. I have tried clear both, display inline, and
> displayed block but it stays there. In IE it looks fine:
> http://www.villa-corti.com/text.html

It stays fine in IE _only_ because IE is broken. All other browser make
that div drop because it is too wide to fit in. You've made the matters
worse by adding 'clear: left;', which means it will clear _everything_
no matter what - except in IE/win's which is "saved" by its own 'clear
on floats' bugs.

The reason the div is too wide is probably that you have forgotten that
the borders are added to the declared width.

To fix your layout in all browsers, you can use the following...

#flashscroll {
border: 1px solid #ccc;
width: 72px;
float:right;
text-align:center;
}

...which simply makes the div 2px narrower so it'll fit in, and is
without any unnecessary and counter-productive properties/rules.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no