juliann wheeler wrote:
> I created an HTML newsletter in tables.  Firefox is rendering it
> correctly, but in IE there is a large white space between the first
> paragraph and the title "Representative PCGA Deals"
>
> http://www.pcg-advisors.com/Newsletter/pcgnewsletter9_07_p2_is.html

I have no idea which IE-bug I'm dealing with here, and I'm a bit rusty
when it comes to handling HTML tables. Anyway, the following seems to
work in all browsers...

<http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/alien/jw/test_07_0918.html>

IE (all versions) seems to get the rowspan count wrong once, which leads
to the large white space in the relevant and neighboring table-cells.

I couldn't find a better way to solve it than to repeat the <td> twice
and use conditional comments to serve one to IE with one rowspan value
and the other to other browsers with another rowspan value.

The commented <td>s are easy to find in the source code. Maybe you have
a better way to do it.

regards
        Georg
--