David Laakso wrote:
> ROGER BURTON wrote:
>> Hi ... I am getting really confused now so maybe the knowledge here
>> can give me some much needed guidance. ..trimmed].
>> Regards Roger

Opinions abound and in the end I suppose we go with what works best for
us in any given situation.
Since I have never used any of the tools you mention (except photoshop
to crop and optimize images),
I can be of little use in that regard.

I prefer to develop directly on the screen hand-coding to Opera with
/frequent checks in IE6 and IE7/ and occasional checks in Firefox and
Safari. A text browser  (Lynx) is often handy as well.

There are zillions of on-line resources, among the best is the list wiki:

List wiki/FAQ -- http://css-discuss.incutio.com/

It is not so much that CSS is terribly difficult. It is in trying to
understand the Web and working with her that is sometimes daunting. But
therein in lies the fun as well...

Best,

~dL

--