Rafael,

Thank you for your advice. However, I'm a little confused. Here is the code for
my body:

body#navon_home #navbar li#home a {
    background: #fff url(../img/navon.jpg) repeat-x;
    color: #fff;
}
body {
    text-align: center;
    background: url(../img/banner.jpg) repeat-x;
}

/*******************
Master styles
********************/

html, body, div, p {
    font-family: geneva, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif;
    color: #444;
}

You can see that I *do* have #fff as a background color. Here 's the code for
my topmast:

#topmast {
    position: relative;
    top: -15px;
    height: 62px;
    background: transparent;
}

As you can see, I do not have a value of "auto" on the "top" property. Is it
possible you are looking at an old file? Not that I think I ever had it set to
auto. I wouldn't put a value of auto on that property. I'm also confused as to
why you feel mixing em's with pixels is an "atypical" design approach. Have you
ever viewed Cameron Moll's work? He mixes em's with pixels all the time and I
wouldn't call his work atypical. also, could you clarify, for me, what you mean
by "basic issues"? I'm not sure how I can fix something unless I know what is
wrong. Hint: I changed the font size to something else and that didn't work
either.

Thanks again Rafael. Anyone else have any words of wisdom?

Jeralyn