Sarah Heinemann wrote:

> Thank you! That's working wonderfully so far, I'll have to find more
> browsers to test it in. I assume that if I end up wanting text links
> within the <p> tag inside the content DIV then I just need to make a
> class 'unstyle' the margins? Something like:
>
> p.fixlink <margin-top: 0px; padding-top: 0px;}

Not quite as you have written it, as that'll affect the paragraph, not
the link.

"Unstyling" the link, like so...

p.fixlink a {margin-top: 0px; padding-top: 0px; width: auto; display:
inline;}

...will work in all browsers.

A better solution might be to set a class on the relevant anchors that
_need_ that top-offset, so you don't have to worry about "unstyling"
other links.
Such a rule might look like...

#content p a.offset {margin-top: -100px; padding-top: 100px; width: 1px;
.display: block;}

...with class="offset" on target anchors.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no