On Dec 1, 2007, at 11:56 PM, Jan Christian Anker wrote:

>  http://www.putti.no
>
> Now, clean cache, cookies, etc and open the page in
> FF 2.0.0.10 or FF 2.0.0.11.  You will notice that
> the menu is not displaying properly (main menu line
> above display area, only partly visible).
Happens, yes. But cookies have nothing to do with the issue. Cookies
are just bad of the teeth.

> Now, do a refresh, and the menu is back in place, but
> still with problems.

I don't see any problems when compared to Safari, Gecko nightly build
and Opera.
OS X 10.4.11.

> My conclusion is that (this time) it is not my fault,
> but a bug in FireFox, since the page display completely
> different after the first refresh.

Not really your fault, no.

> I would also be most happy if somebody could test the
> page in FF 2.0.0.9; I believe that the behavior is
> OK there.

I strongly doubt it would be better in Fx 2.0.0.9.

The reason: your image (PPP-logo_skrift613x150.gif) has no dimensions
specified.
Give it width and height in the html or the stylesheet, and the
problem will be gone.
Longer: while first fetching the page, the browser doesn't know yet
the intrinsic size of the image, but places your navigation much
faster on screen than it fetches the image. If you specify the size
of the image in the html or stylesheet, the browser doesn't have to
interpolate it.
Once the image is cached (on reload), the problem vanishes.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com>