On 28-Dec-07, at 7:43 AM, Doreen Cowan wrote:

> This is a part of my coding.
> <link rel="stylesheet" href="newindex.css" style type="text/css"  />

Remove the 'style', so that it reads:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="newindex.css" type="text/css" />

> I changed the doctype to:
>
> and I think that it  is working in IE7 but maybe changing the
> doctype was not the right thing to do.

What is working in IE7? Using a Strict or an xHTML doctype should not
give you a problem in IE7. I believe that it is good practice to use a
Strict doctype as far as possible -- as this will alert you if you use
deprecated HTML tags, etc.

Best,
  - Rahul.