On Jan 8, 2008, at 5:59 AM, Ray Schamp wrote:

> Hi I'm delurking!
Welcome

> (I think) I'm having an issue with the overflow-x property used
> with floats
> in IE7.  In every browser I've tested except IE, this code shows a
> little
> block with a horizontal scroll-bar, allowing you to scroll the
> inner content
> horizontally.  In IE, though, I'm getting really weird behavior
> where the
> block has scrollbar but only the _border_ of the inner box scrolls,
> while
> the content of the inner box does not, instead making all of the
> content
> visible, and causing a horizontal scrollbar on the browser window
> AND on the
> little scroll block.  I couldn't find any information specific to
> anything
> like this, so that's why you're hearing from me!
>
> Link: http://oclock.am/iescroll/iescroll.html

IE doesn't really respect the 'overflow' property when one of the
descendants is positioned (absolute), like in your code:

#vendorlist li a{
        position: absolute;
your <a> is not pinned to the overflow box, and it jumps out of that
box.

> -Ray
>
> Sorry I don't know the etiquette here yet.  Is it better to provide
> a link,
> or all the raw code, or both?
Providing a (minimal) testcase like you did is the best way;
(and it was a good test case).

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh