David Hucklesby wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:33:02 +0100, Colin Brace wrote:
>> There is something peculiar happening with my webserver and it is difficult
>> for me to
>> tell what is going on from here. On my desktop system, opening my site's
>> index.html
>> file from a local directory, Firefox v2.0.0.10 renders the page fine.
>> However, when I
>> open it via my server (which is on my LAN), it fails to load the CSS style
>> page. The
>> bizarre thing is that both Konqueror and Opera don't exhibit this problem. I
>> just tried
>> running FF in a different account, hence without the usual extensions,
>> thinking one of
>> the latter might be interfering, but the problem persists.
>>
>> Can one of you try opening <http://lim.nl/index.html> to see what happens?
>> If the
>> background is dark and the text and image are centered, then the style file
>> was loaded;
>> otherwise I really do have a problem.

Looks right to me in FF 2.0.0.10 for Linux. The site came down *really*
slowly, perhaps that's part of the problem?

CSS validator reports 3 errors:

URI : http://lim.nl/lim.css
9       div#container   Property align doesn't exist : center
23      #kop    Property align doesn't exist : center
58      A:hover         Value Error : background-color grey is not a color
value : grey

HTML errors? It appeared to take a long time for the HTML to get to the
validator, too.

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Flim.nl%2Findex.html

--
David