From: David Laakso [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 19 January 2008 03:12
To: Pete Harrison
Cc: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
Subject: Re: [css-d] CSS validates, but still can't get columns to work in
IE

Pete Harrison wrote:
> My page works fin in FF but fails to put the 4th column next to the
> 3rd in IE.
>
> The page is at www.biofuels-maritime.com/dev and the css is at
> www.biofuels-maritime.com/bio.css
>
> Any ideas why this is?
>
> I know there are 4 lines of CSS that do not validate, but they are for
> another page.
>
> Regards
> Pete

No guarantees. Holds to a window of approximately 630px width in IE6.0
(local) no XP/Mac before float drop with these modifications:

th {
font-size:/*1.2em*/0.85em; <--- reduce font-size & tweak
}
Delete these three selectors:
#c4 img {
    max-width:98%;
}
#c3 img {
    width:98%;
}
#c4 img {
    max-width:98%;
    display: block;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
    margin-top:2em;
}
Add these selectors and tweak:
#c4 img, #c3 img {max-width: 95%; display: block; margin: 10px auto;}
* html #c4 img, * html #c4 img {width: 95%; margin: 2em 1%;}
Change the width of the table in the markup from 100% to around 90%.

Best,

~dL

--
http://chelseacreekstudio.com/