Hi folks,

I'm having major problems with applying height rules to a table. I know
setting heights for table cells or rows is tricky at best, but I so need
this to work, soon.... *losing hair*

An example page is up at http://ebdesign.se/table_problem.html, with an
accompaying sketch of what it's supposed to look like (if you use IE) at
http://ebdesign.se/table_problem.gif
Take a look at it and see if you can follow along.

The problem is with IE - surprise! I have a table of data for product
models. Each model has one to many articles. The model also has a
drawing/blueprint. The drawing is in a table cell spanning the number of
rows of articles plus one - this is for allowing some space under the
articles .

Most browsers I've tested in so far (FF2 Mac/Win, Safari 3 Mac, Opera 9 Mac)
shows the intended layout. IE6-7 though, shows the article no./finish
columns expanded to fill the height of the space to the right of the image.
I cannot for the life of me get them to respect any height measurement. I've
tried reading specs, googling for similar problems etc... I haven't found
anything that helps, trying tons of solutions (different measurements,
putting the height on the row element instead, using visibility rules on the
fillcol-cell...)

I need a fresh pair of eyes on this. My last resort is putting a definition
list within a single cell, containing the articles, but that would
completely break the semantics and lead to a number of ad hoc solutions for
the rest of the elements - after all, I interpret this as very much being
tabular data.

Any suggestions?