At 09:46 -0800 on 02/06/2008, Elli Vizcaino wrote about [css-d]
Transitional Vs. Strict Doctype:

>Hello List,
>
>Not sure if this would fall under off topic. But I
>wanted to know what the reasons are for using a strict
>doc type as opposed to transitional. I use strict in
>my documents but wondered why it seems to be a bad
>idea to go with transitional as I've seen a couple of
>topics graze the issue from time to time.
>
>Can someone elaborate? And if this is off-topic please
>email me off list.
>
>TIA,
>Elli

Aside from the different treatment of CSS with the two Doctypes, the
simplistic answer is that if you use depreciated tags (ie: Those that
have been declared illegal in Strict) you need to use Transitional
when they are occur in your HTML.

--

Bob Rosenberg
RockMUG Webmaster