I'm back in the fold after a break of 2-3 years, and much has changed.

Unfortunately, this doesn't include IE5.5 and IE6.  I have a layout
I'm partial to, and have been experimenting with in the early stages,
but have come across something I'm not sure how to fix.  I've reduced
the code down to the bare minimum to show the issue.

The layout works fine in many browsers apart from the aforementioned,
due to a transparent PNG being present in the css.  Is there any way
I can keep the general look and have it work somehow in IE of yore?

HTML here:  http://mothership.co.nz/reduction/

css here:  http://mothership.co.nz/reduction/msnew.css

Any thoughts to get me back on track much appreciated.

Karl