On 21/02/2008, at 8:42 AM, vwf wrote:

Hello,

I try to make new layout for my website. The first hurdle is a
horizontal navigation bar that does not behave like I want: I get
unwanted borders, and the background does not shift on hover.
Can someone help?

One sketch can be seen at http://www.opeform.nl/test/schets.png
The page as I made it so far (head only): http://www.opeform.nl/test/
The CSS: http://www.opeform.nl/test/screen00.css

The navigation bar is below the image/photo.
The idea is that the lines with round pads remain (later the texts will
change). The background of the navigation bar should  change color on
hover. The red bar will change color, the same as the round pads. The
black background can have different colors too (black/white). I made the
navigation bar temporarily grey to make things more recognisable.

Some will notice that the CSS is a little bit messy, but part of that is
the result of my attempts to get it right.

My questions are:
How can I get rid of the white borders between the navigation images?
Why do my background images no shift on hover?

Thank you

Unsure if it's just me, but I can't get to any of the links listed
above - they all time out.

Regarding unwanted borders - if there are hrefed images involved,
some browsers will add a coloured border.  Try adding the following
to your css:

a img
{
        border: 0;