This one's new to me: I don't recall IE6 messing up margins
on a statically positioned container before, but this appears to be
what I've got:

  http://weston.canncentral.org/web_lab/Arteis/MoboUbiq/

The box with the yellow border is the one I'm having trouble with.
It's styled like so:

  #photosection {
        background-position: 50% 50%;
        margin: 11px;
        border: 1px solid yellow;
  }

in the linked stylesheet, and then inline, I've given it
style="background-image: url(images/Photo.jpg); height: 235px;".

Moz and Safari seem to display it perfectly. IE6 appears to completely
ignore the margin instructions. Just for fun, I've tried triggering
hasLayout and assigning position: relative, but it doesn't seem to
change anything.

I have a brute force workaround in the form of wrapping another div
around the div in question and giving that div padding, but I'm
interested in seeing if anybody knows what in the world is going on
here or has a better idea for solutions.

Also, the  orange bordered box farther down the page have another
issue in IE6: the background-image applied to it doesn't start
displaying until the content inside the div kicks in. The background
isn't positioned in any way, and the border clearly shows the boundary
of the box starts way above.... any ideas what could be happening
here, too?

Thanks,

  Weston