On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 9:29 PM, Nancy E. Sosna Bohm wrote:
> Yes, I know, in a perfect site there's no need for hacks.
>
>  But this is a just slightly less-than perfectly coded site I did a year ago,
>  and it breaks in IE8.

I don't think it is a a good idea to hack now for IE8, which is just a beta.
Anyway, in addition to conditional comments (which will probably be
applied by the final version as well), you can now try this:
/*/ selector { ... } /**/
to feed rules only to  IE8 beta 1 and (apparently) no other browsers.
This will very probably change in newer beta releases.
But I don't think is good idea to use that. More interesting would be
to try to understand why IE8 is 'breaking' the page.

Bruno

--
Bruno Fassino http://www.brunildo.org/test