The images are within the Branding Div.

Regards
Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: Gunlaug Sørtun [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 18 March 2008 13:52
To: Pete Harrison
Cc: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
Subject: Re: [css-d] Image alignment within div

Pete Harrison wrote:
> <www.biofuels-maritime.com/n-index.asp>

> I have a div with 3 images all floated left. In FF they show fine,
> but in IE6 the first image is shifted up for some reason. I cannot
> see why this is happening so any help would be appreciated.

It happens because those images are not contained in the div, and not
controlled by it. All browsers need containment of floats and more solid
styling for line-up, and IE6 and 7 need 'hasLayout'[1] triggers.

The entire layout has too many weaknesses for in-depth debugging - would
require complete redo from scratch, but here's a copy with the relevant
parts restyled in a way all browsers understand...
<http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/alien/pha/test_08_0318.html>
<http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/alien/pha/test_08_0318_files/bio00000.css>
...so you at least can study *one way* to make it work.

regards
        Georg

[1]http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html
--