Hi Everyone

If you are allowed IE8 to overwrite IE7 and you have multiple versions of IE
[1] by Yousif Al Saif on your PC then the conditional comments meant to target
IE8 are seen. Testing in IE6 and IE5.5 I see this.

[if lt IE 9][if IE 8] [if gt IE 7] [if gte IE 7] [if gt IE 6] [if gte IE 6] [if
gt IE 5] [if gte IE 5]

http://css-class.com/test/bugs/ie/8/ie8-cc-seen-by-ie6.htm

Not that it really bothers me personally but for those who have multiple
versions of IE, allowed IE8 to overwrite IE7 and use conditional comments will
find they may not work anymore. Can anyone please confirm that IE8 installed of
a virtual PC doesn't show this in any legacy IE version. I guess there maybe be
a simple fix, maybe from Yousif's site.

Amazing how the ones for IE7, IE6 and IE5 only are not pickup but if it's
greater or equal to, they are shown.

[1] <http://tredosoft.com/Multiple_IE>

Alan

http://css-class.com/test/