Ingo Chao wrote:

> Tony Crockford wrote:
> > http://www.hyperhappen.com/
> >
> > is the site, can anyone see what the issue might be?
> >
> > I wrote the css a long time ago and IE7 was quite happy with it, but
> > IE8 is cutting elements and backgrounds off.  it seems to be not
> > wrapping floated elements properly, but I can't be sure.
> >
> > is it worth trying to fix it up?  Or should I wait for a newer IE8
> > release...
> >
> > TIA
> >

> No action needed. A clearing br does not clear in IE8. It's already
> reported, they will have to fix it.
>
> Ingo
>
> --
> http://www.satzansatz.de/css.html
> http://www.dolphinsback.com

I didn't notice the clearing br but I do see that the relatively positioned
div#box1bot is covering the floated links at the bottom of div#containertop.
Here a test case with divs and no clearing.

http://css-class.com/test/css/floats/float-position-relative.htm

Both IE8 and Safari 3 shows the floated red box covering the r.p. box which is
later in the source. Safari 3 doesn't show the bug on the page in question.
This is possibly since Safari is using the clearing br. Tony removing
from div#box1bot seems to fix it.

Have anyone seen any bugs with relative:position?

Alan

http://css-class.com/test/