[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> this exists in content

That's strange (and _quite_ different from a link with
href="http://www.somewhere.com";), but anyway,...

> if there any way to make that link non-clickable only with css

No, clickability in the general sense is an inherent property of a link:
a link points at something in a manner that makes it possible to
"follow" the link. Take that away, and it's not a link any more. In the
specific concrete sense (a link can be "followed" by clicking on it),
it's a browser feature. These things belong to functionality, not
presentation.

> one solution that I do not want to use is putting an absolutely
> positioned clear image over it.

It does not make the link non-clickable, even though it may make it more
difficult to click on it.

You can e.g. position a link 999999 pixels to the right, and this will
usually make it so difficult to even notice the existence of the link
that it probably won't be clicked. But it won't really make it
non-clickable, partly due to the CSS Caveats (reasons why your CSS might
not do what you expect, see
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/css-caveats.html ).

So I think you need to clarify what you really want (and "why" is
generally an essential part of such clarifications, because only then
can others see what you mean). Why would you want to have a link and not
have a link? This might not be a CSS issue at all, but there are ways to
prevent links from _looking_ like links, thereby making it less probable
that users click on them, if that's what you really want.

Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/