Bruno Fassino wrote:
> There is something really strange in that extra space produced by
> IE8b1. I've seen it _only_ in some cases. It seems to depend on what
> follows the 'easy-cleared' box. When present this extra space is
> definitely outside the easy-cleared box, it may even appear after
> several other boxes following that one.

Yes, it looks like a "conditional bug", but I haven't figured out what
particular conditions trigger it.

I'll try to recreate the bug in isolated test-cases, as I just fixed it
for the footer in my rather complex home-pages and made a note about it.

A similar clearing another place in the same pages, didn't create any
visible gaps. This may have something to do with "finding cracks", so
the gap which seems to, and should, have an area in size of a character,
in some cases goes into the element instead of ending up below it.

What's most important is that IE8b1 lets the "gap" overflow the 'height:
0;' limited generated content box, which of course is a serious bug.

Tests show that the addition of...

.clearfix:after {
overflow: hidden;
}
...also seems to have the desired "bug killing" effect in all cases,
without having to manipulate 'line-height'.

        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no