On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 21:41:08 +0100
martin f krafft wrote:

> also sprach David Hucklesby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008.03.22.2121
> +0100]:
> > Pardon me if I am being obtuse, but why would you want to place
> > the header anywhere other than at the head of the document?
>
> Well, isn't it still the case that the content of a document should
> be at the start for bots and text browsers to easily process?
>
> If you look at e.g.
> http://www.google.com/search?as_q=madduck%20blog, you'll see that
> Google summarises the first hit with "This entire site is under
> construction and thoroughly incomplete! (Mar 2008)" which is at the
> top of the page. Ideally, the title and first sentence should show
> up there, right?

But if you have a META description, that will be placed there by Google.

I count all sites as under construction. If anyone tells me they have
'finished' the website, I tell them they do not understand the web.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416