From: Ian Piper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>>> http://www.tellura.co.uk/index.php
>>
>>> As you can see, the image used for the background for the left
>>> sidebar doesn't display in three-column mode and the content column's
>>> white background doesn't fill the space unless the content is longer
>>> than the sidebars. But only for IE6, and only when there is no right
>>> sidebar.

Ian, is it possible that the problem is the images for the faux columns? They
are .png; do they have 32-bit transparency applied?

It looks to me (and I could be all wet) like when the right side is "painted,"
since the image is as wide as the container, then  the background of the left
side of the page (everything left of the right blue column) gets covered by the
image, which shows gray on my machine, and reminds me of .png transparency
issues in IE.

Have you tried 8-bit transparency, or a .gif for those faux columns instead of
the .png?

~holly