From: "Alan K Baker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>I know that I've only been here '5 minutes' but I would like to respectfully
>ask the List Owner if the settings can be changed to a similar method used by
>Yahoo Groups, so that clicking the email client's Reply button, sets up the
>return address as the List and not the individual Sender.

Please see - http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=CssDiscussListHeaders - for
links to information about your request and the owner's reasons for having the
headers set the way they are.

>If it is changed as I suggest, there wouldn't be the huge amount of duplicate
>messages,

*You* can set your preferences for this list not to send you duplicate copies.
preference not to receive duplicate copies. Not everyone is bothered by
duplicate copies.

> replies wouldn't go just to the Sender by mistake,

Seems to me that's up to the replier to take a moment to remember to push Reply
All for CSS-D. I don't have any problem with it.

Alan, and other new members, welcome to the list. It's been around for quite a
few years now, and has somewhere around 8000 members.

There are a few "list conventions" that have come into use, and it is much
appreciated if new members will at least make an attempt to follow those
conventions. Why not try and follow what this community has established as its
preferences? It's really not that difficult.

One of those preferences is the list headers. Another, in case you haven't
guessed, is top posting. I won't give my opinion of top posting here, but
you'll note, I did not do it. It goes along with trimming your replies, which
is discussed in the list policies page - http://css-discuss.org/policies.html

Again, welcome to the list. And may all your CSS problems be small ones.

Cheers!

~holly
(who speaks in no official capacity, but who has been here from the beginning)