On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 6:16 PM, Timothy Kelty wrote:

> Example here: http://geniuscar.com/old/tests/iefloat.html
>
> I just have a single UL with all the LIs all floated left.  I want to
> be able to force a second row at a given point in the list, so I
> applied a clear:left to first element I want in the 2nd row.
>
> This behaves like I expect in FFox and Safari, with the cleared LI on
> the 2nd row and following LIs also on the 2nd row.  In IE however, LIs
> following the clear get bumped up and are placed in the first row.

In IE7 (and below) when a box has both the float and the clear
properties (as your cleared LI) many wrong behaviors occur, see [1].
At the moment the only fix that I see for your case consists in adding
in the HTML an empty not floated LI before the cleared one. Sure not a
nice solution. It seems not to create problem in other browsers,
anyway you could feed it just to IE, with a CC. So you could use:

  <li>Row One</li>
  <!--[if lt IE 8]><li style="float:none"></li><![endif]-->
  <li class="two">Row Two (item 1)</li>

Best regards,
Bruno

[1] http://brunildo.org/test/IEWfc2.html