(This is my first reply to the list, so please forgive
any breaking of conventions, and feel free to tell me
if I'm doing anything wrong!)

bookpage, the footer problem is related to your use of
'float: left' on the elements preceding the footer.
Since the footer isn't cleared, it 'sticks' to those
elements. You need to add a 'clear: left' to that
footer which, ideally, should have a more semantic
class name (such as 'footer'), rather than the
presentation-based 'center'.

Digging into the layout slightly deeper, I'm a bit
unsure as to why you've chosen to float those elements
to the left in the first place, so the above is only
really a short-term suggestion. You may have 'better'
results (e.g. wrt the other problems) by simply not
floating those elements.

Cheers,

- Bobby