On Sat, 03 May 2008 21:07:53 -0400
Michael B Allen wrote:

> On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 8:48 PM, Michael Adams
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  But the same code is much cleaner without the table
>
> Ahh, I knew that was coming. I've tried creating forms without tables
> but I could never get the data to line up into ... well ... a table.
> And AFAICT your examples don't either.

Did you look at the linked example page? I gave four examples in my
reply. Three do not use tables. Under the last i gave a link to the
working example page. I have used CSS not included in my reply to make
the code work, and look better than the table, while being as
text-scalable as possible. I'll repeat the example page link here:
http://www.comptutor.org/mytest/DefinedStyles.htm
All the CSS is in the head. I haven't tested it extensively for looks
but it did validate and uses standards compliant CSS. So it should need
minimal hacking for various browser issues. I am on a linux box at home
so don't have IE available for testing. If anyone want to check on IE
for Mike and add any relevant hacks, please do.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416