Thanks, I'll use one of those.

Do you know why this is happening? I thought I had encountered most IE bugs
before, but this doesn't seem to fall under any I've heard of - it doesn't even
seem to be down to the box model differences since I've not specified a height
on anything. It seems that the margin and padding are collapsing together since
IE6 will obey whichever one is higher in value, but not both.