On May 28, 2008, at 11:47 AM, Melton Cartes wrote:

> The problem is that the drum images on the page, which are floated
> side-by-side in a UL and use a class called "thumbnails," and are
> supposed to produce a larger version of each image when each one is
> hovered, respectively, (and do!) lose their positioning and wind up
> stacked, one below the other instead of floating side-by-side.
>
> So far, when it's happened to me, I've noticed that the top two
> behave while the ones below go wonky until you refresh the page.
>
> Here's the page:
> http://www.luciacomnes.com/drums.html

I can't reproduce what you describe with Gecko 1.9 (FX 3 rc1) based
browsers, but I see that issue with WebKit and Safari.

All those auto-width floated elements; the .thumbnails li appears to
shrink-wrap after hovering over the image. Hmm, on hover you resize
the image and take it completely out of the flow. Thus the li gets
narrower, but doesn't get the original width back after the pointer is
moved away.

.thumbnails li {width:100%} fixes that here.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
http://l-c-n.com/