Hi Christopher,

you've come through off-list but no matter, only problem is that anyone
else following the thread won't know of any changes.

First off, you mustn't lose sight of the fact that no-one can see changes
that you make to your local files. They must be published to a server for
anyone to be able to suggest modifications or corrections.

As I can't see your mock-up image, I'll go back to the code that I
published as a demo and explain a little of that. I'll put notes in
standard comment notation so it doesn't screw up if you view it in
Dreamweaver.

"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";>
<head>
<title></title>
<link href="navigationalbar.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<!--
-->
body {
        background-image: url(backgroundforpage10_cr.png); /* This is a modified
image, a 5px slice taken from your main backgroundforpage10.png image.
It's purpose is to be able to repeat across the width of the screen to
fill any whitespace unfilled by the main image. As it is part of the
original image it should blend reasonably well */
        background-repeat:repeat-x; /* the repeat-x makes the image repeat until
it fills the width of the screen */
        background-attachment: scroll;
        height: auto;
        width: auto;
     padding: 0; /* padding and margin were set as zero to eliminate the
defaults from the browser */
     margin: 0;  /* so that the image holds its correct position. */
}
#wrapper{ /* this is styling for the new div that was created to hold your
main backgroundforpage10.png */
    background-image: url(backgroundforpage10_cr2.png); /* to remove a step
in the transition between this image and the slice applied to the body I
trimmed this to remove the border on the right edge simply for demo
display purposes */
    background-repeat: no-repeat; /* a single image only is required so
no-repeat is needed */
    padding: 0; /* once again padding and margin set zero to cancel browser
defaults for positioning purposes */
    margin: 0;
}

</head>
to hold the main background image -->
that it encloses all of the other items on the page -->

Your HTML and CSS must be capable of working along with each other, the
HTML provides the structure of the page and the 'hooks' to attach the
relevant CSS rules.
Taken in isolation, neither will provide very much, so simply taking my
#wrapper rules may not have had too big an effect.

I have attached the 2 modified image files so you can experiment with them
rather than try to download them from my demo page.

I did not make any changes inside your main CSS file and for now I would
suggest setting up all of your css rules in the head area of the page so
you can experiment more easily.

Once you get fixed with your image layout you should take a deeper look at
your css in the file, things like setting pixel heights for text are not
generally considered good practice and a line height of 2px is not good.
These are items that may give you problems as your page progresses so
worth taking care of as soon as your images are sorted out.

Duncan