On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 14:11:51 -0400, snak detek+0r wrote:

>>> does anyone have a good way of universally disabling
>>>
>>> a:hover{background-color}
>>>
>>> for images? i always have this problem, and i'm never satisfied with the
>>> solution.
>>> it seems that you could fix it by styling
>>>

> <snip>
>

>> Do you have a use-case you could put online for us?
>>
>> Cordially,
>> David
>> --
>>

> sure, how about this:
> http://minivanswebsite.com/testsite/cssd.html
> (note: this illustrates my point slightly better in FF)

If you change this:

a.image {
    background-color: transparent;
}

to this:

a.image:hover {
    background-color: transparent;
}

then all browsers I have to test with act the same, except for
the yellow background only being line-height in most cases.

If you want the yellow background to be the height of the image,
add "display: inline-block;" to the "a" selector's rule.
(You may have to add "display: -moz-inline-box;" to get FF 2 to behave.
Not tested.)

Cordially,
David