I was using IE7 today, with in excess of 10 tabs open. The last one happened to
be where I was viewing the output from my edited code, on a dual screen.

The css definition contains a reference to a 1 pixel png file that is repeated
within a <div> in both x and y directions, to make a solid box. The png is
literally 1px single colour solid with no transparency set.

What I saw in IE7 was not what was expected. Instead of a solid box, it was
rendering a graded box from dark to light. Very pretty, but wrong. :-)

I checked my code and could find no error, then I checked an online version in
an earlier tab and that was OK, so I downloaded that code and ran it in the tab
that was showing wrongly, and the display was still incorrect.

I closed down IE7 and re-started it and all was normal again. :-)

Has anyone else ever come across this problem? It hasn't re-appeared, so I
can't tell whether IE7 itself became corrupted. whether IE7 has a general
problem when many multiple tabs are open or if there was a memory contention
problem within the PC.

Regards,

Alan.

www.theatreorgans.co.uk
www.virtualtheatreorgans.com
Admin: ConnArtistes, UKShopsmiths, 2nd Touch & A-P groups
Shopsmith 520 + bits
Flatulus Antiquitus