Thanks David.

I should explain: I haven't specified any hover rules - the error
occurs when the user mouses over the form inputs (either the text
fields or the button). Basically I'm not trying to achieve a rollover
effect - I'm trying to AVOID an unwanted rollover effect!
I know it's not a JavaScript problem as stripping out all JS has no effect.

I appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks
Richmond