Yes Lou, CSS can do this.

Simply make a box:

.boxname {
position:relative;
background-image:url(your 200px x 200px image filename and path);
background-position:-100px -100px;
width:50px;
height:50px;
overflow:hidden;
/* position, padding, margins etc to suit. */
}

to move to a different part of your big image, just change the background
position x & y.

If you want to move your box to an absolute position then change
position:relative to position:absolute and add top:y; and left:x; where x and y
are your coordinates.

Regards,

Alan.

www.theatreorgans.co.uk
www.virtualtheatreorgans.com
Admin: ConnArtistes, UKShopsmiths, 2nd Touch & A-P groups
Shopsmith 520 + bits
Flatulus Antiquitus