Thank you for your suggestions.

I am updating the stylesheet and already converted the remaining px I
must have missed the first time round to ems.  I am also changing the
doctype xhtml in the newer files to XHTML.  It is a tight layout since
I took it from a older tabular look and feel.

I did choose the float: right solution although it sometimes leaves a
small space on the left.  Although this solution won't be live for
awhile. I was having the same problem before with safari and someone
suggested body: first of type.

I am concerned that it breaks in Firefox 3.1.  I have had that problem
before only when the laptop computer uses an odd monitor display and
only in the IE browsers so I was able to come up with a fix.

Lots to think about

Nancy