Luc wrote:

> Well,  with the Debugbar i can zoom in IE6 but i guess it's not much
> of an issue because not so many users will surf at small text, right?
>
> I was more worried about how it looks at large resolutions: if the
> footer keeps sticking at the bottom ....

RE: <http://www.dzinelabs.com/sandbox/dwexample1.html>

Average users are not running around with IE debuggers in order to zoom
fonts in IE/6, so it's a mute point in my opinion. The IE/7 page-zoom
thing -- unlike Opera's font-zoom, and FF/3's introduction of
font-scaling to include everything within the page -- scales only the
width of your page; consequently, the footer will not touch the bottom
of the viewport on plus zoom. Afaik, there is no fix for this.

Not everyone in the world has their browser fonts set at default. So it
is risky to assume "not so many users will surf at small text." The
breaking out of the content from its container at smaller than default
font size in compliant browsers, and even IE/6 and IE/7 is correctable
(and of greater priority in my opinion than your IE/7 plus zoom problem).

http://chelseacreekstudio.com/