Luc wrote:

> Indeed: XP FF 3.0.3
>
> I too find it strange. But since you don't know why it's rendered
> different, i'm a bit relieved that it probably isn't my code ;-)

FWIW: My Opera does the same - probably because I have 'minimum font
size' set (didn't check).

There is a general problem with your code, in that you have headlines
with the same styles but in different places/environments. Would be
easier to get each of them right if you targeted them a bit more precise.

To fix that "broken h1 line" it might be suitable to add...

#main-top h1 {
clear: both;
padding: .5em 0 0 .5em;
}

...which is targeted, and works - if you like the alignment :-)

There is what seems to be a real Gecko-bug in there - a
change/regression from Firefox 2.x to 3.x, in that the size of the
h3:first-letter seems to determine the width of h3. It should be the
width of h3's text that determined its width when no width is declared -
as it is in Fx 2.x and all other browsers I've checked in. Only checked
on windows (2K/XP/Vista).

If you want that h3 to line up more identical across browser-land, you
have to declare width on h3, for instance...

#main-top h3 {
width: 20em;
}

regards