On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 15:36:46 +0000
Came this utterance fomulated by MEM to my mailbox:

> Gunlaug Sørtun Wrote:
> "When you don't declare font-size and/or line-height, all browsers
> will use their own default values."
>
> I see... so it's default BUT we have to give him same values so he
> can't"default by himself". And since there isn't any update list of
> what properties the browsers use differently by default and what
> properties they don't use differently by default, it's a good practice
> to declare all by ourselves. - Please tell me this is correct (or
> don't) :)

This is a philosophical choice. "Do i want to control the user
experience?" versus "Do i allow the user to control how they see my
website?". The user can overrule practically anything you set anyway,
and WCAG recommendations see that as a good thing.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/fontsize.html
http://informationarchitects.jp/100e2r/
May help you see things differently.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416