Good evening Gunlaug,

It was foretold that on 08/11/2008 @ 22:21:37 GMT+0100 (which was
19:21:37 where I live) Gunlaug would write:

<snipped a bit>

> Of course it does ... borders take up space and may break tightly
> organized layouts. To me that's an excellent reason for using borders
> while debugging, so I don't have to introduce other means to the same
> effect. Tightly organized layouts tend to break under stress anyway, so
> better break them early.

> I hardly ever use "developer tools" since they add unnecessary delay to
> the debugging process by not allowing me to challenge layouts quickly
> and easy enough. I generally find it much quicker to go straight to the
> problem - the code, and break everything across the entire browser-land
> before introducing fixes that will work in all browsers.

That's an excellent advice ... i'll use that in the future for
debugging ... i tried some of the debugging tools but to me they
always seem to make it more difficult to see what's going on.

> Better save your excuses and stay in the circles of designers who beg,
> steal and borrow and work hard on understanding how things work.

I didn't meant that as an excuse ... i was just trying to be polite
and a bite 'loose' .
Believe me, i do try to understand how everything works ... :-)

--
Best regards,
 Luc

Using the best e-mail client: The Bat! version 4.0.18 with Windows XP
(build 2600), version 5.1 Service Pack 2 and using the best browser:
Opera.

"Wit is a weapon. Jokes are a masculine way of inflicting superiority.
But humour is the pursuit of a gentle grin, usually in solitude." -
Frank Muir (1920-1998) - humourist