From: Gunlaug Sørtun [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 24 November 2008 15:20
To: tony
Cc: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
Subject: Re: [css-d] Newbie Resolve IE sizes to other

tony wrote:

> Sorted a layout in IE7 and passed validation but layout in Gecko fell
> apart - width issues. So resolved layout in Gecko but now IE7 fails to
> match as can be seen at:
> http://www.somersetspiess.co.uk/trialScene2.html
>
> Can anyone please suggest how I bring IE7 layout back into line.

Give IE a "strict-mode" / "standards mode" triggering doctype.
The one you have is incomplete and makes all browsers stay in the old
"quirks mode". IE has its own box-model in that old mode.

Your original CSS runs into too many IE bugs, so to give you a place to
start I made it more IE-friendly - including IE6...

<http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/alien/tony/test_08_1124.html>

Also introduced more floats and removed height-restrictions, to make it
generally more cross-browser friendly.

regards
        Georg
--